traffic counter
Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, July 27, 2026

The Next Chapter

I mentioned last week that I have an interview at a charter school for a position as a Reading Interventionist. The principal told me she would let me know by Thursday, but Thursday came and went without hearing anything. I knew I probably wouldn’t hear anything on Friday because it was Pioneer Day, so I just kind of wrote it off and started looking for other opportunities.

I was able to line up an interview for a Teaching Assistant position at another charter school that is a little closer to home. Then, much to my surprise, I received a phone call from the principal at Wasatch Peaks Academy this evening. She apologized for not getting back to me sooner and then asked if I was still interested in the position because she wanted to offer me the job!

Of course, I gladly accepted! 

I’m so excited for this new adventure and am really looking forward to getting back to work. After 32 years of teaching, I wasn’t quite sure what retirement would look like for me—but apparently, I’m not quite ready to be done yet! 

I’m excited to see what this next chapter brings!

No comments: